Rich Chocolate-y Goodness

I had been meaning to try this recipe out for a longgggg time, but never seemed to have the time. Or had some reason or other (like, "I'm lazy." >.<)


This holiday though, I resolved myself to make it. It looked absolutely yummy in XinHui's blog when I first saw it, and I was seriously drooling over how moist it looked even in the photos.


Which makes the name of this cake very, very apt:




STEAMED MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE


It is reallyyyyy easy to make. If an amateur like me can make it and it turns out great, it's really a no-brainer ! :D


Here goes:


(A) 180 g butter
       200 g caster sugar (I used only 160 g, and it was sweet enough :P)
       200 g full cream evaporated milk
       1/2 tsp vanilla extract
       2 tbsp rum (Optional in the recipe, but I didn't use any)


(B) 2 eggs, lightly beaten with fork


(C) 100 g plain flour
       50 g cocoa powder
       1/2 tsp baking powder
       1/2 tsp baking soda
(Make sure that C is all sieved)


Directions:
1. Combine (A) in a saucepan. Stir it over low heat till sugar and butter is melted and dissolved. Then turn off the fire and keep warm.
2. Add (B) into (1) and stir till well-mixed.


(B): 2 eggs, lightly beaten with fork
(I forgot to take a photo of #1 >.<)


(C): flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda, sieved
It actually looks kinda pretty somehow :P

3. Sift (C) into a large mixing bowl, then pour the mixture in the saucepan (2) over your flour and still again till well-mixed. The cake batter should be runny. Don't worry if it's a lil lumpy. Just keep stirring, it will smoothen out. :)


My cake batter was a lil lumpy. But when I kept stirring it got less lumpy. 
And the cake still turned out really well. So no worries ! :D


4. Heat up the steamer. (I used a metal rack over boiling water in a wok, covered)
5. Line an 8" round baking pan with greased baking paper.
6. Pour batter into pan and place into the steamer.


Here's the batter in a greased baking pan, placed in the steamer. 
As long as there's steam and it's covered, it can work :)

7. Cover pan loosely with aluminium foil.
8. Steam over medium heat for 45 minutes. (That's what the recipe says, but I spent almost one and a half hours steaming it instead. I hypothesize that possibly, my fire was on a bit too low. So make sure it's medium heat, ya?)
9. Serve warm. (It is extra yummy then ! No kidding !!! :D)


(Recipe obtained here.)

Fresh out of the steamer ! AWESOME !! :D
Doesn't it look absolutely gorgeous??!!! :P

The cake is realllyyyyy moist and rich. Especially when it is still warm. Simply wonderful ! It is soft, and warm, and almost melts in your mouth as it crumbles in rich chocolate-y goodness, and, as the cake makes contact with your palate, it almost nearly oozes juicy chocolate-y yummyness !!!!


(Does that not make you salivate?????!!!!! xD)




My entire family loved it and gave it a 10 out of 10 !!! :D I didn't expect the cake to turn out this well, since this is my first time making this. But the cake really turned out great. I doubt you can mess up making it, cos it is really quite simple to make. :P


If you are interested in making a sweet, rich dessert for your family/friends, I must insist that you try this ! Oh, and if you're thinking of impressing an *ahem* "important person" (be it boyfriend, girlfriend, or prospective parent-in-law) this is the perfect recipe for you ! It's easy to make and the results are just spectacular ! You won't even believe that you  made it !!! xD


Really, really try this ! :D




And gosh, writing this post has given me a craving for it right now. Hm, wonder if I can make this some time soon? Aheh. :P

Comments

SandraC said…
ur the master chef now lah.; semua kat dapur pun u boleh! jealousnya!! eh the cake is SO damn easy to make wei..i should try when i get back to sban! thanks 4 the intro!

Popular posts from this blog

"To My Parents: I'm Not Your Damn Slave."

This Old Man

Z