A Poem

Pn. Poga, my mentor, had an English class with my brother's class, 5 Ixora, the other day.

So I followed her into the class to observe her.
And yes, I have gotten over the awkwardness of being greeted as "teacher".
Just a little. :P

After introducing them to two new poems (O My Luve Is Like A Red, Red Rose by Robert Burns and The Clod and The Pebble by William Blake) and discussing the meanings and interpretations with the class, she had them write a poem of their own. It could be themed love, or anything else.

I have to say, I was impressed with some of the pieces they came up with in like, what, twenty minutes? Very impressed indeed. :)

While they were writing, I wrote one of my own. I wanted to write about love. But I did not want to write about how great love is. Or how painful it can be sometimes. My poem's not much. And it's short. But oh well. I like it :)

Here goes:


What Love Is Like
~Lisa Kwan~

Like a reflection in the mirror
Unreachable it is to me
Like a mirage in a hot desert
An illusion it seems to be

As rainbows come after the rain
Or clouds that come in a pair
When you reach your hand out to touch it
All you feel is air



For some of us,
love can seem unattainable.
Or a lie.

For some of us.

Not me. Maybe.
Some of us.

Comments

K.P. Fern said…
Good grief, your poem is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo goood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fu-yoh...
I wish i could write like that
siehjin said…
yeah it's good. kinda sad though. perhaps poignant is a better word. =)

Popular posts from this blog

"To My Parents: I'm Not Your Damn Slave."

This Old Man

Z