Keeping a Promise

The multitude of comments and likes on my recent relationship status change on FB gave me a tingly feeling inside. I can't explain it.


But it feels nice, doesn't it? :D




Though it may seem that I have accomplished so much, or "passed the test of patience" some say, deep down I know that this is only the beginning.


Love is hard, people. Really.




Don't get me wrong.




Love is a lot of things: Love is sweet. Love can leave you smiling like an idiot for the rest of the day for no apparent reason. Love can have you giggling on the phone every few minutes. Love certainly makes you happy. :)


But love is also a lot of other things: Love makes you wanna do crazy things for someone else. Love makes you sacrifice things that you never thought you would. Love is compromise. Love is accepting the other for who that person is, warts and all. Love is learning to appreciate all that the other person is to you, and who you are, when you're with him. Love is putting the other person's needs before your own. Love is caring about how the other person feels, despite feeling like crap, yourself.




Love is hard work.




Love is not easy. It never has been, for me.




Love has been nothing like I expected. (Romantic comedies? Lies. =.=) 
It's been a learning experience.


I've been so used to Me, Myself and I for so long that now somebody else has come into the picture, sometimes, I just don't know what to do. But in order to make things work, you have to put that someone else above yourself. No question about it.




It's never easy. Sometimes it's so hard I just wanna give up.




But when you've made a promise, you keep it. (Provided that the guy is worth it, of course :P)


It's as simple as that, for me. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"To My Parents: I'm Not Your Damn Slave."

This Old Man

Z