His Story

It was pitch black in the church. You can hardly see anything on the stage except for the twinkling lights they had arranged at the top of the ceiling.
The screen lifts and the choir of angels start to sing. Soft, and angelic, and beautiful.
You can't help but feel emotional.

The Agape Gospel Assembly Christmas Musical entitled His Story was great.



~picture courtesy of saral k bubbly , Agape Gospel Assembly member

The singing, the acting, the dancing. Everything was incredible.
This church really has a bunch of very talented people, who can sing, act and dance.

Although it was not perfect, I have to say that I admire the whole cast and crew involved in the musical. What struck me most about these people was the passion they infused into whatever they did. I could see that they put their whole heart into the musical to share the story of Jesus' birth, death and resurrection with everyone who was there that night. It showed in their eyes, how much they loved God themselves, and how they wanted the musical to be success not for themselves, but for the glory of God.

Watching the musical again (I watched this musical before, but was convinced to go again by my aunt, a member of Agape this year), some scenes were a little familiar. But then again, the whole story was familiar. I've known it all my life.

Yet, it still managed to strike a chord in my heart. I felt teary watching the whole performance. Even a Christian such as myself, who has been a Christian for almost half her life, needs to be reminded every once in a while (in a very vivid and experiential manner) what it was like for Jesus to take our place.

The musical helped me picture the significance of Jesus' birth, His self-sacrificing life and ministry, and brought me through His feelings of fear, hurt of betrayal, and pain.

Remember that Jesus is what Christmas is all about. Don't forget ;P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"To My Parents: I'm Not Your Damn Slave."

Z

This Old Man